Finding The Right Rehab Facilities
If you are trying to overcome an addiction, you may be overwhelmed at the number of rehab facilities available. There are several factors you should consider as you evaluate each program. Not every program will be right for you, but as you look closer into the rehab facilities available, you should be able to find one that meets your needs.
When evaluating rehab facilities, consider the following questions to determine which one is best for you:
- What addictions does the facility treat? This is a big factor in determining which rehab facility you use. For instance, if you are an alcoholic, you may prefer using a facility that focuses on alcohol rehabilitation rather than one that deals with all other types of addictions. There are also different types of treatments available for different addictions. If you are addicted to prescription drugs, you may need a facility that offers methods for detoxification.
- Is the rehab program for a specific group of individuals? Some rehab facilities are specifically for men, women, high-level executives, or even LGBT individuals. Most programs, though, deal with a diverse population of patients. If you identify with a specific community, you may be able to find one that caters to your demographics.
- What accommodations are provided? Though the accommodations are not as important as the treatments provided, it is important to feel comfortable where you are. It is best to find a rehab facility that is positive and pleasant since you will likely reside there for at least 30 days. Some rehab facilities, such as luxury inpatient facilities, offer extra amenities and services that make them feel more like a resort than a hospital.
- What treatments are available? Typically, most rehab facilities offer individual and group therapy. Other programs may require family members to attend therapy sessions. You also need to consider if the rehab facility is equipped to handle other conditions you may have.
- Does the rehab facility fit your budget or insurance plan? Depending on what is offered, most inpatient rehab facilities cost between $2000-$25,000. You will need to determine if your insurance company will cover any of the costs first. Will you be able to pay the balance after insurance? If you find the price of rehab is still too expensive for your budget, there may be other options for you. Some rehab facilities offer a sliding scale payment or financing plans. Others may be able to offer you an outpatient program that is cheaper.
Deciding to overcome an addiction is a huge step in recovery. Before you decide which facility is best for you, evaluate the factors above to determine which facility will meet your needs best. And, as always, you can reach out to us at Coastline Behavioral Health if you have questions or concerns about options available.
Tags: Treatment Centers, Recovery